So much for that.

Turns out this week is busier for me than I expected.  It’s already Wednesday, and I’ve done no work to Intelligence.  Also, I’ve realized I want the game to have single-player and co-op modes, and to make that easier, I think I’ll use the client-server model for both modes.  So that means I’ll probably have to do threading, which Allegro 5 can fortunately do (if C1X were done, I could use built-in threading, but C1X isn’t done).  More things have popped up for later in the week, so I doubt I’ll be able to work on Intelligence much at all.  Maybe next week, if I’m lucky.


A Clean Keyboard is a Happy Keyboard

I noticed dust between the keys in my keyboard, and so I decided to take them all off and give the whole thing a good cleaning.  I wiped all the dust off, and was a bit surprised by how much dirt had settled between them in under six months.  It’s pretty gross when you think about it, and what’s worse is that all that came from your hands.  You use those things to put food in your mouth, and all that crap in your keyboard is from them.  Maybe we should all start eating candy bars with utensils.

The keyboard is back together now, and I’ll probably try to work on the Intelligence game this week.  If I’m lucky, I might be able to get levels to load, and have Rae walk around in them (well, slide around, since I don’t have any animations yet).  Allegro 5 seems like a nice library, and though I know very little about it, I’ve decided to use it for this project.  I’m even the package maintainer for it in the AUR.  I really think it should be in [community], but it’s not.  Not that I mind, since I get to maintain it, but it seems too important to be in the AUR.  But I digress.  I’ve made my decision.  I want to have a basic level loadable by next Sunday, and I’ll try to post more stuff on here than I have been.