July 17, 2011 Leave a comment
I noticed dust between the keys in my keyboard, and so I decided to take them all off and give the whole thing a good cleaning. I wiped all the dust off, and was a bit surprised by how much dirt had settled between them in under six months. It’s pretty gross when you think about it, and what’s worse is that all that came from your hands. You use those things to put food in your mouth, and all that crap in your keyboard is from them. Maybe we should all start eating candy bars with utensils.
The keyboard is back together now, and I’ll probably try to work on the Intelligence game this week. If I’m lucky, I might be able to get levels to load, and have Rae walk around in them (well, slide around, since I don’t have any animations yet). Allegro 5 seems like a nice library, and though I know very little about it, I’ve decided to use it for this project. I’m even the package maintainer for it in the AUR. I really think it should be in [community], but it’s not. Not that I mind, since I get to maintain it, but it seems too important to be in the AUR. But I digress. I’ve made my decision. I want to have a basic level loadable by next Sunday, and I’ll try to post more stuff on here than I have been.